Sunday, April 17, 2016

Intro to Sew Many Quilts!

Testing, testing, is this thing on?

Welcome to my first blog post. The goal of this page is to post photos, comments, and rants (or raves) about the various sewing related projects that I accomplish (or am trying to accomplish). I am going to try to post once a week about progress I've made in my current works, new projects I'd like to try, or struggles I am having with the projects I'm already working on. I'll also talk about tools, projects, or patterns that I really like.

I've been machine sewing for about 2 1/2 years, machine embroidering for about 1 1/2 years, and cross stitching for many, probably about 10. I am in a quilt guild. I also like to do other crafts - painting, paper quilling, mosaics, card-making, etc. I have an interest in trying out some mixed media projects as well, but don't know exactly where to start on that. I also love photography and photo editing.

I have made several quilts, wall hangings, and other projects, all of which, amazingly come out very nice, despite the fact that I believe that I cut crooked, sew crooked, and am a terrible ironer. Alas, somehow I've never had a major issue with a project coming out exceptionally crooked or anything like that. I figure I'll get better as I keep going. I also should admit that I don't always like following directions and love to do things my own way, but since things almost always turn out the way I want them to, I'm going to continue doing things the way I see fit. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my blog. Please feel free to comment and/or follow along. 

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment